~ International Award-Winning Photography ~

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Photo Night!! (for the Homeless)

I am so excited to be organizing this special event. I have recently connected with the wonderful people at the Knight's Table, which is a soup kitchen helping the homeless in Brampton. We are going to be holding a special "Photo Night" where families and individuals can come and have their portrait taken. I want single moms/dads who are living on the streets and are not able to afford photos of themselves with their own children to walk away with a lifetime memory of prints. The event will be taking place during the first week of Dec., with the exact date still to be determined.

A CALL OUT FOR VOLUNTEERS:

Now what I am looking for is a Make-up Artist and Hair Stylist to volunteer their time that day to the moms so they can have that extra special treatment for their photo shoot. I want them to really enjoy the whole experience. So if you are willing to help out and offer up your talents, please send me an e-mail or call me and I'd be happy to give you some more details. I would really appreciate your help. :o) Know that you are making a difference to brighten up someone's day!!

I pulled out this old photo which I took eons ago in the New York subway (taken with my little 35mm Nikon F90X which I devloped and printed myself......kinda miss the days of using my shaved carrier in the enlarger to get that natural rough rebate border!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great thing you are doing!

November 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home