~ International Award-Winning Photography ~

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Time Out !!

Okay......I was long overdue, but I finally took a few days to get away from all the editing work on the computer and give my eyes a rest. It was great to just relax. My cousins were kind enough to let me stay at their cottage by the French River near Sudbury. What a beautiful place !!

Here's Kobe ! What an adorable dog! He just had a blast swimming out to grab the ball........then bringing it back.......then going out again.......then bringing it back..........then going out again........Ahhhh...what a life to be a dog! :o)This is my special friend Lina.....she joined me half way through my stay with her daughter Catherine.

This was just incredible. As we were driving along, I saw a tree with what I thought were shoes hanging all over it! We pulled a quick UE. Sure enough.....it was shoes! Lots of them! I don't know who started it.....but people driving by would hang their shoes on the tree. All different kinds!
I was shooting away at the tree. I had all my gear on me.....3 cameras with different lenses. We left and continued driving for about 15 min. when I realized that I was missing a camera with my 70-200 mm lense! I left it on the ground by the tree! We pulled another UE to go back. Let me tell you.....I was praying to the Lord all the way there that my camera would be safe! We got back (which was now about 1/2 hour later), and I could see my camera from the road. You couldn't miss it......my long lense was shining in the sun! I was so thankful that God protected it with all the cars driving by. How amazing. Julian & Evan were so much fun. It was the 1st time I met them.....and they just tired me out at "Hide & Seek". Here's Lina & Catherine playing around. That night, we stayed up so late. We were all on the bed talking and joking about so many different things. We laughed soooooooo much. It was like being a kid again at a slumber party. I never laughed so hard.
This happened during the storm a couple of weeks ago. There's a story behind this collage. We were driving along, and I was in the back seat. (Anyone who knows me knows that I don't do too well in the back seat) Well......Carmelo was just taking those twists and turns on almost two wheels! (sorry Carmelo :o) Needless to say, we pulled over quick so that I can.........ahem........you know. We just happened to stop in front of this man's house, and he had these 2 adorable girls! He was kind enough to let me use his washroom, so while I was in the house, I just had to photograph these two sisters.......Michlin and Jackie. It was Michlin's 8th birthday that day. (Guess what she's getting mailed to her for her birthday?)


Okay......so he's not the most attractive bug out in cottage country. But at least he smiled for the photo. Do you see it!?!
I thought this was interesting, I was going down the river, and noticed this natural carving in the rock. With the reflection of the water, it looks like a fish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home