~ International Award-Winning Photography ~

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Under the weather

I have been dealing with a heavy case of Bronchitis (on the verge of pneumonia) since I got back from Vegas. It has wiped me out completely. I have been doing so much traveling this past while, and I guess it's caught up with me. I'm always on the run, but now I am forced to rest and be still and do nothing. (which is the hardest thing for me because I'm a "doer"). I've had lots of time to reflect and think about "life" stuff. I believe this illness has actually done me alot of good.....if that makes any sense. Sometimes we need to pull back and just be still.


For those who know me well, you know that I'm not a believer of taking antibiotics for the little things. And although pnemonia is not neccessarily little, I still believe in the "natural" methods of healing without side effects. So....I've started drinking LOTS and LOTS of boiled gingeroot (a natural antibiotic) and whole cloves. This stuff is amazing! I have felt much better since I'm drowning myself in it. It really works! I am healing really nicely. (If you'd like, you can e-mail me for the full receipe).

Plus, my sister dropped off a delicious home-made vegetable soup with pastina, and brought some groceries for me (since I had run out of food). A little love goes a long way.

(P.S. - I'm trying to teach my eldest cat to bring me a glass of water.....but he's not doing it :o(

Silvana ~

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Glendon said...

up and about already eh? nice to see. I'll be sure to bring u some of the "c-word" (it's brown and rhymes with "oculate") next time i see ya. haha milk or Dark Sil?

March 27, 2008  
Blogger Shipra Panosian said...

sounds...well, honestly it sounds yuck! Boiled ginger? I'm not big into meds if there's an alternative but, gotta say, good for you.

April 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home