~ International Award-Winning Photography ~

Saturday, June 02, 2007

My Dominican Experience !

I'm back from Dominican! I went to visit my father who has been living there for many years now. It was meant for relaxation....but of course....once I had my camera in my hand, I couldn't stop. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a 5-star resort type of girl......I'd rather stay where the locals are and experience more of the culture first-hand. And besides getting attacked by red ants during my sleep....all went well. Here are some of my photos.....I hope you enjoy them!





This poor little girl was so scared to see the camera. She actually offered me her mango while she was crying to make peace!


This is a beach in Costambar close to where my father lives


Mango Mania !


Mmmm......meat being sold on the hood of a car (not a pleasant site to a vegetarian's eyes) :o)


Here's a father showing his son the ropes of selling at the market


My heart just broke knowing the fate of these chickens






This little guy was so tiny...he fit in the palm of my hand! I wanted to take him home with me!


Dominicans are so friendly....they didn't mind me coming into their homes at all. It's like I was part of the family.



What a cute doggie! My heart went out to him. He was very sad...no-one paid any attention to him or his need for food.





This is the market near Puerto Plata



And here's one of me and my daddy which I took with my little point and shoot. Isn't he cute?!?! I love him soooooooooo much! Check back soon...I'll be posting a little video of my dad with a machetti and a coconut!

If you'd like to see a slideshow of some of my Dominican photos from last year, 2006.....click here and go to "travel"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home